A Wonderful Gift

For my birthday a few months ago, Eric made this for me after I had requested a tape dispenser for my beloved collection of washi tapes. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it because it completely fits my style. It's both modern and rustic, simple, clean, and impeccably made. I like to think if I were a tape dispenser, I would be this one. Its quiet and unobtrusive as well as cleverly designed and has shock factor.


Eric will make a post about how he made this on his blog. Check back here in a few days for a link to his post. In the meantime, have a look at his past work at http://www.fourbardesign.com.

On a personal note: You would think that Eric and I make a great creative team since we both love to design and build. And we are...when we aren't working on the same task at the same time. ;P You know creative minds -- we're always particular and opinionated. I've learned that the best way for us to seamlessly work together is by dividing up tasks, working separately, and building trust and confidence in the other's abilities. When I flip through a lifestyle magazine, I always chuckle when I come across a photo of a couple smiling and laughing while mixing a bowl of cookie dough together because I think of how wonderfully different Eric and I are from the couple in the photo. When it comes to our creative sides, we're both serious, intense, driven, and wildly passionate. And while we both shoot for the sky, we expect more of each other than vocational success. 
I can't even begin to describe how hard Eric and I work on our relationship daily and needless to say, we've gone through our more-than-fair share of disappointments and obstacles. But the wonderful thing is that, thanks to God's amazing grace, through our failed attempts and disappointments comes God's clarity, and through clarity comes conviction of the heart. Thus, I'm so thankful for how deeply we've grown together and how truly original we are as a couple. 

That's it for now! Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this post, Tiffany--especially the honesty and transparency of the joys and struggles of your relationship--it's just as beautiful as the tape dispenser!

    ReplyDelete